Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Okay, so this took A LOT of deliberation, my friends, and after much careful thought, during which I actually eliminated my all-time favorite, To Kill a Mockingbird (it was like killing a little part of myself, I tell you!), I came up with the following list:

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Moby Dick by Herman Melville

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

And, by the way, the idea for each of these books came from the fact that they were referenced in three of my favorite '80s/'90s teen movies. A big gold star to anyone who identifies which ones.

Oh, and I'm about four hours late getting my list together, but I assure you, this was a grueling process for me.




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have no idea which teen movies bring these books up. I think you may be linking The Bell Jar with 10 Things I Hate About You, but otherwise I've got nothing.